Let’s see firsthand how to configure a FreePBX server with DIDX. (We will add a demo video soon.)
Please log in to your DIDX account. Let’s forward the DID to a FreePBX server. First, select the “My Purchased DID”.
Here you can see all the DIDs you have purchased from DIDX. For forwarding the DID, click on the “Ring To” address.
In the “New SIP” section, you will want to define the forwarding in this format “DID@Server:port”. If you are using the “Channel SIP,” then you need to define the port “5160” in the forwarding. Otherwise, if you are using “PJ SIP,” then you don’t need to define the port in the forwarding.
After defining the forwarding, click on the update button.
You have successfully configured the DID forwarding. All the configuration is done on the DIDX portal.
Now, let’s create the SIP trunk on FreePBX. All the SIP server IPs of DIDX are available on this link “www.didx.net/pages/asterisk”. For configuring the SIP server on FreePBX, you will need to define it one by one. It is recommended to create the SIP trunk with all IP addresses on this link.
On the FreePBX server, just click on the “Connectivity” option, and then select the “Trunks” option.
Now click on the “Add Trunk” option, and then select the SIP (Chan_SIP).
Now fill up the “Trunk Name”. Here we are defining “DIDX”.
Now select the “SIP Setting” option. In that you need to define the “Trunk Name”. We are defining “didx-incoming”
For defining the peer details, you do not need to define the “username” and “secret”. In the host, just define the IP address of SIP server. After this, just click on the submit option. Then click on Ok.
After that, click on the “Apply Config”. Now the trunk has been created successfully. You will need to create the remaining IPs SIP trunks in the same manner that you have created this. After creating all the SIP trunks, just click on the “Application” option and last, select the “Extensions” option.
Now click on the “Add Extension” button. In this area, select the “Add new channel SIP extension”.
Here, you will need to define the “User Extension.” You can use any preferred digits. In this case, we are defining “1234”. In the display name, we are defining “didx”. Let’s make sure to choose a strong password, so that no one can access your extension. After that, just click the “Submit “button. Then click on the “Apply Config”. You have successfully created the extension.
Now you will need to define the inbound routes. Just click on “Connectivity” in that area and select the option “Inbound Routes”.
Then click on the “Add Inbound Routes”. Now you will need to define the DID that you have bought from DIDX in the “DID Number” section. Next, select the “Set Destination” which is 1234. Then click on the “Submit” button. Then click on the “Apply Config”. All the configuration of FreePBX is successfully created.
Whenever someone dials this DID, the call will land on this extension “1234”. Welcome to DIDX DID Number Coverage of 100 + nations with the awesome FreePBX. Feel free to sign up at http://www.didx.net to connect your FreePBX service to direct inward dialing coverage of millions of numbers. You don’t have to buy them before your customers buy them from you. Really freeing!
The “Free” in FreePBX stands for freedom. The site offers paid support, a wiki, video lessons and training classes. You can get involved by bug reporting, resolving bugs, becoming a certified ecosystem partner like Allision Smith and Vitelity, and more. Their site is powered by a free Atlassian Confluence Open Source Project License granted to FreePBX.org.
Whether, you are using 3CX, Asterisk, OpenSIPS, Kamailio, FreeSWITCH, Callision, Telinta, VoIPSwitch or other, DIDX is ready to help you move your DID number business and service forward to success. The following is set up a 3CX SIP server with DIDX for DID number provisioning.
After forwarding the DID to your SIP server from the DIDX portal, you are going to make a SIP trunk on 3CX web portal with the IPs of DIDX. We’ll add a demo video here on this blog post soon.
1. Select the option “SIP Trunks”.
2. Click on the “Add SIP Trunk” option.
3. Choose the “Generic” on “Select Country” section.
4. Select the “Generic SIP Trunk” on “Select Provider in your Country” option.
5. Type in your chosen DID number that you have bought from DIDX in “Main Trunk No”. For example: 15672441578. Then click on “Ok”.
6. After clicking the “Ok”, a new window will appear. On this page you will create the SIP trunk with all the IPs of DIDX. You can find these on this link “https://www.didx.net/pages/asterisk/”.
7. Copy the IP address and paste it on the section called “Register/Server/Gateway Hostname or IP”.
8. Please set the value of “Number of SIP Calls”. This means how many calls you want to receive on this DID simultaneously. Here we set the value 10.
9. If you want to add more DIDs, then select the “DIDs” option which is on the right of the “General” section.
10. Then click on the “Add DID” button, write the DID number and then press enter. If do not want to add more DIDs, let it remain the same.
11. Click on the “Ok” button. A new window will pop up and show the SIP trunk which is successfully created.
12. Select the “Extensions” option. After that select the “Add” button.
13. A new window will pop up. By default the 3CX will automatically provide the extension number. You can change the password that is given by the 3CX or you can use the same.
14. If you want to add the personal details, you can add that but it is not compulsory.
15. You will see that the extension is created successfully. In this case, it indicates the red dot because it was not registered on any softphone. The green dot would indicate that the extension is registered on the softphone.
16. Select the “Inbound Rules”. After that select the “Add DID” option. A new window will pop up.
17. Type any “Name” in the General area. But we are defining didx-incoming. Then select the DID to which you want to forward it.
18. In the “Route call to” section, you will see the Destination for calls during office hours and after office hours.
19. You can define one extension in both sections, if you want to receive call on your extension without the office hours restriction.
20. If your office is closed and you want to forward those calls to on Voicemail rather than softphone, then you can define voicemail extension as after office hours.
But here we are using same extension in both of the fields.
21. Click on the “Ok” button. Now the “Inbound rule” has been successfully define.
22. Open the extension on “Web Client” portal on 3CX or you can use the softphone. But for now we are showing testing on “Web Client”.
23. Test the call on the DID. We will able to receive the call on this extension which is “0000”.
24. In the demo video, we are able to receive the call on this extension. This means we have successfully set up the SIP trunk on the 3CX portal website! Welcome to DIDX!
How does our DIDX.net team celebrate the success of 2017? Like celebrating because of our DIDX community we can make available DID numbers of 140 nations…that’s 55 more nations than when we first created this blog’s image. DID number service By giving back to those who made that possible, our vendors and customers. Here’s how:
1. Our current customers receive 50 % credit back on all #directinwarddialing #didnumber #virtualnumber purchases through January 31, 2018.
2. Our new #directinwarddialing #didnumber #virtualnumber customers can choose from 2 specials: either get $50 back on their 1st $100 top up through Jan. 31, 2018 OR receive 20 % back on all their new DID purchases from now through May 31, 2018.
3. All our #directinwarddialing #didnumber #virtualnumber customers can complete local number porting of DIDs of *24 select nations into DIDX free until further notice. * https://blog.didx.net/2017/12/15/our-current-didx-buyer-members-check-email-for-fantastic-port-phone-number-offer/
With kindest wishes from all of us at DIDX since 1999! May 2018 be your best year ever.
Our DIDX customers are important to us. Every day our every thought is … “how to please, grow, better partner with you.” Check your inbox today for some thank you offers never available before on DIDX! Sign in to your DIDX.net portal today to get started.
For example, there is a wonderful porting phone number offer for the next 30 days of DIDs of the following…. free for a Limited Time:
New areas of direct inward dialing phone numbers available via special order or in some cases immediately available!
AUSTRIA Freephone Fixed & also for Mobile
COSTA RICA Freephone
BARBADOS Freephone NRC & MRC
NEW ZEALAND Freephone
The communications and financial industries, especially UCaaS (unified communications as a service), FinTech (financial technology) and VoIP (voice over Internet) evolve so quickly that it requires highly effective marketing and manpower as well as investment just to halfway compete. Entrepreneurs who begin by bootstrapping a new product, service or idea cannot keep going unless they can attract a powerhouse to invest in them, acquire them or merge with them. The big guys have enough clout, connections, presence and money to fine tune the new but highly practical and attractive product, service or idea. Some entrepreneurs and small companies operate with this as part of their business plan: mergers and acquisitions. Those in the UCaaS, FinTech and VoIP industry are prime to attract such a windfall.
Recent examples of these type of acquisitions in communications and financial industries include:
There are many types of mergers and acquisitions.
Congeneric mergers: Two businesses serve the same market and customer-base but in unique ways. An example is a wholesale DID marketplace and hosted PBX who both provide these different services for entities that offer or use a lot of IP communications services and products.
Conglomeration: Two businesses have practically zero intersections of business products or services. For example, one business may purchase another business for no other reason than for the tax break. On the other hand, a new business can be formed. Then they merge, again, resulting in a tax break.
Horizontal merger: Two businesses are absolute competitors. They provide the same products, services and markets. They merge in order to tap into the best of each.
Market-extension merger: Two businesses that sell the same products or services in uniques markets. An example of two businesses that sell the same but to different markets may include Technology Marketing Company who serve mostly the Americas and ConnecTechAsia who serve mostly Asia.
Product-extension merger: Two businesses that sell unique products that have something to do with each other for the same market. An example might be VoIP Supply who provide communications equipment and Nextiva who provide hosted PBX solutions.
Vertical merger: A vendor of a business and the business OR a customer of a business and the business. An example is an MVNO and DIDX or a VoIP company or international contact center and DIDX.
Some mergers and most acquisitions involve one business buying another business with cash, stock or both, or one business all the other company’s assets. The company whose assets are bought may then go out of business or start a new set of service and/or product provision. There is also the reverse merger (similar in style to a reverse mortgage). A private business has a chance to quickly go public. The private business buys a publicly-listed inactive business. This inactive business is literally not conducting business, and it has no limited assets. By doing this, the private business can become a new publicly listed business with shares that it can trade.
This is by no means a completely comprehensive list of types of mergers and acquisitions. Our goal in sharing this article is to inspire our DIDX customers, vendors and industry friends to understand mergers and acquisitions and perhaps include M & A in its business plan as a method of success.
One of the best ways to meet M&A-bound entities is at US and international conferences and exhibitions. These events offer meeting tables, booth meetups, receptions and many other extracurricular business opportunities. Channel Online keeps a list of communications events available including TelcoDays Las Vegas scheduled Jan. 7 – 8, 2018 and ITEXPO Fort Lauderdale Feb. 14 – 16, 2018 and FinTech Weekly keeps a list of fintech events where those interested in mergers and acquisitions in these industries can meet in person and finalize the deal! For the first time, ITEXPO offers a new collocated event The BlockChain Event. Reach to us at DIDX by contacting sales @ didx.net to meet you at industry events to discuss your wholesale direct inward dialing phone number needs and exciting trends of now and future.
Dad says you don’t call enough. You shouldn’t disappoint him.
Why do you choose to make your own path in life, son?
Cranberry Wildnerness? Why would you build a house there? It is the most remote area of West Virginia. Hardly any good signal even.
DIDX is that quiet powerhouse behind much of daily communications among family, friends and business.
Thao, a valedictorian-destined student at a US university, explains to Mom and Dad they can dial a local South Vietnam phone number anytime to talk with her. Now, they feel closer than ever. Dad is happy.
Li Jie, much to his parents’ dismay, has chosen the path of disruptive, life hack startup. He uses a local China direct inward dialing phone number for his current and potential clients in China to conveniently call. It rings wherever he has it set to ring: to his Canadian business partner, to his Skype, to his cell phone or to a web conference no matter where he travels. Mom is proud.
Lisa, a popular author, lives in a remote area of West Virginia. It has poor wireless and cellular connectivity. She is an avid user of webRTC to stay in touch with her customers and social media followers. When she and anyone wishing to join her cannot log in, she has it set where they can dial in, always a local phone number available. Her friends see her now as a trendsetter.
Such exciting and save-the-day kind of hacks are possible because Thao, Li Jie and Lisa’s cloud communications and mobile phone providers offer her and resourceful, goal-oriented and cutting-edge people like her direct inward dialing phone numbers of 140 nations from DIDX.
Businesses, IP communications service providers, global contact centers, carriers and mobile operators and anyone with the need to provide local phone numbers to these type of tech-savvy clients, sign up to get started today at didx.net. Best life hack ever – DIDX.
How does DIDX help people and organizations reach their business, financial, personal and/or social goals? It is an online platform that enables organizations to sell phone numbers or buy and resell phone numbers. Once the seller sells phone numbers, that organization has more income and the customer service that DIDX team provides to the DIDX buyer thereafter is free!
The DIDX buyer, who is typically a communications service provider such as offering IoT, VoIP and/or cellular services, has purchased the phone numbers through the DIDX API and resells them to its customers who may be startups, contact centers, families, government organizations and such. Now, these service providers have a positive way to retain their customers because not enough of their competitive offer international phone numbers to buy, use and own!
Those end-users of the DIDX buyers who live and travel only in certain areas can be a local phone call away from practically any city in the world. Those end-users now have the opportunity to gain more sales from incoming calls, feel closer to their friends and family abroad, and keep the Internet of Things and People better and more regularly informed! Watch the video to understand more fully and visit http://www.didx.net today.
The following is a list of just some of the situations in which our DIDX.net team was required to dial a phone number in the last 24 hours.
- To verify we really did intend to transfer payment to a vendor via Xoom payment service.
- To find out why Rich Tehrani wasn’t at a Zoom video conference yet. It was the quickest way to reach him while already overwhelming the network with the video call.
- To show at least 10 potential customers we really are the DIDX.net team, here to help them buy and/or sell DID phone numbers.
- To get assistance from Fedex. Phone calls are faster than emails for assistance.
- To call our mothers or fathers who do not use Internet all the time.
- To settle more complicated technical and business situations with current and potential customers. They prefer a call to their phone number.
- To make quarterly follow up calls to current DIDX.net members to find out their latest needs and to share new features that may have them with those needs. We give a choice to each DIDX.net buyer and seller member of how they prefer to receive calls. 85 % prefer us to call their phone number, not their SIP client, Skype, Google Hangout, Whatsapp or Facebook.
The phone number, the DID, direct inward dialing is very healthy in the midst of so many methods of communication available. We, like you, prefer to call our very important people organizations by the method they prefer. Visit http://www.didx.net/did to see how you can help your phone service customers be a local call for their very important people via direct inward dialing phone numbers of up to 140 nations and 10s of 1000s of cities.