LinkedIn has a reputation for efficient use of social media to develop business. In general, people do not fill up their timelines with fluff. Most are genuine business invitations, advice, demos and discussions. After studying 1000s of of our customers and vendors’ LinkedIn profiles, we share some of our own tips.
- Post a professional picture that reflects you today.
- When you meet anyone in professional arenas, sure…trade business cards but also…immediately add each other on LinkedIn. It is very likely that you will lose the business card.
- Connect with as many businesspeople as you can. The more people you are connected with, the more likely you will gain real leads and develop new, exciting partnerships.
- Be sure to use the “Share an Update” feature to note that you want to enable a certain kind of prospect that has certain types of problems by a specific date. I.e., we are look forward to meet with communications service provider and vendor companies that want to in expand their business to USA and 139 other nations.
- Give and ask for at least one LinkedIn recommendation per week from clients, vendors and business friends who know your impressive accomplishments, attitude, and value. Remember that recommendations are more specific and are more influential than simple LinkedIn endorsements.
- Write one article per month that is meaningful and inspiring to your LinkedIn community.
- Add one video per month that is meaningful and ends with an authentic call to action.
- Add your Power Point and Slide Share presentations that you deliver at events. Make sure their focus is on the visual as in images, not just a bunch of text.
We wish you well in business, and we definitely look forward to meet you online and offline to see how we can help you expand your business to up to 140 nations via something as wonderful and practical as local DID phone numbers. Visit http://www.didx.net to get started!
DID = direct inward dialing
Which conferences and exhibitions will DIDX partcipate in soon? OpenSIPS Summit May 1-4 in Amsterdam, Global Voice Congress May 6 in Chicago, ITW May 6-9 in Chicago and CommunicAsia June 26-28 in Singapore! Visit http://www.didx.net/events and message us to meet and discuss your business’s exciting accomplishments and unbelievable challenges!